I am a postdoctoral researcher at GESIS – Leibniz-Institute for the Social Sciences in Mannheim (Germany). Since 2018, I am also a corresponding member of the Institute for Migration Research and Intercultural Studies (IMIS, University of Osnabrück, Germany).
I hold a master’s degree in International Migration and Intercultural Relations and a doctoral degree (Dr. phil.) from the University of Osnabrück.
Together with great colleagues, I co-founded the IMISCOE Standing Committee “Methodological Approaches and Tools in Migration Research” in 2019 and currently belong to its governing body. Furthermore, I am a member of the International Ethnic and Immigrant Minorities’ Survey Data Network.
My research interests include voluntary and forced migration, mobility, integration, transnationalism, methods of migration research, and survey methodology.
- This year’s IMISCOE conference took place online
- I will teach at this year’s MiReKoc International Summer School on Research Methods and Ethics in Migration Studies (Koç University)
- I learned a lot at the second International Forum on Migration Statistics (IFMS) in Cairo
- New publication! “Studies on the Acculturation of Young Refugees in the Educational Domain”
- German-Canadian Conference on Migration & Integration brought together experts from both sides of the Atlantic